[SEL] patching compounds

Orrin Iseminger oiseming at moscow.com
Fri Mar 28 17:22:14 PDT 2008

I agree with Reg.  About 20 or 25 years ago a mechanic foreman acquaintance
of mine implemented the use of Belzona to repair cavitation damage to
hydroelectric turbine blades and throat rings.

That long ago the price was on the order of $1,400 or $1,500 per *quart*.
Even at that, it was a bargain because it was far faster and cheaper to use
it than to air-arc out the damaged material, lay in filler material with
arc-welders, then, grind it all smooth.

Regards,

Orrin

Orrin Iseminger