[SEL] patching compounds

john palmer ottoslidevalve at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 29 03:46:31 PDT 2008

I see Belzona do a bearing compound,wonder if it would substitute brass or babit for mains or big ends on our old slow speed stuff!   John> From: jthall at worldnet.att.net> To: sel at lists.stationary-engine.com> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 22:09:15 -0400> Subject: Re: [SEL] patching compounds> > I believe we paid $280 for what we bought last week. Like I said originally > it's a little more high -tech and I'm a firm believer in you get what you > pay for. If you think its a rip-off you need to consider who it is made > for--industry. I'd never use it to fix an IH LB or a Fairbanks D (unless I > already had it on hand), but if I had an engine worth more than a good used > pickup truck, I don't believe I'd want to patch something important with > "Elmers" glue. Don't get me wrong, JB-Weld and Loc-weld have their place but > sometimes you need something better.> > FWIW, we considered something by Devcon but decided this would be better > for our application. I have looked at Devcon in years past and they appear > to have some nice products that are considerably cheaper and more readily > available.> > John Hall > > _______________________________________________> SEL mailing list> SEL at lists.stationary-engine.com> http://www.stationary-engine.com/mailman/listinfo/sel