[SEL] A topic for discussion.......How to promote a show.

Best, George George_Best at adp.com
Tue Jun 17 10:34:53 PDT 2008

With high fuel prices I doubt that much can be done to get higher
spectator turnout.  I think the big shows will still attract spectators,
but the smaller shows will have a harder time getting people from out of
the local area.

However, I think some things can be done for the exhibitors.  I know
from personal experience that some exhibitors become spectators when
they realize it is a lot cheaper for them to attend the show as a
spectator!

So I think it is important for the club/show to provide incentives for
the exhibitors to show appreciation for helping out with the show.

1. Don't charge exhibitors for bringing a display.  Let the spectators
pay for the expenses of putting on the show.
2. Make sure exhibitors and their families have gate passes.
3. Give exhibitors tickets which are good for food or drinks at the
concession stands.
4. Give exhibitors a nice plaque or brass tag showing that they
exhibited at your show.
5. Make sure to have enough forklifts to assist people in

I'm sure there's more and hopefully people will join this discussion.

George

Ps.. Curt, I won't be attending your show unless you provide airfare ;-)