[SEL] O.T. Quality over the years

Rob Skinner rskinner at rustyiron.com
Fri Jun 13 16:28:54 PDT 2008

On Jun 13, 2008, at 3:17 PM, Al Harris wrote:

> Don't forget the ingenuity of "Ozzie's", Jerry and Rob.

Right on, Al.  I forgot about the one Aussie engine that I've owned.
Workmanship was exceptional, on a par with the Euro iron, and it
should have been considering Austals are functional rip-offs of the
Blackstone.  The aesthetics, as you know, were more bucolic and not
nearly as elegant as the Blackie.

I was very impressed with the quality of the Austral castings.  Are
they characteristic of all Australian engines, or did some of your
manufacturers do shoddy work, also?