[SEL] Old plumbing

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 09:10:32 PDT 2008

On 12/07/2008, Judge Tommy Turner <Lcjudge at scrtc.com> wrote:
> Peter,
>     I've ordered fittings here in the US from "Maryland Metics" that handles
> foreign fittings and probably transposed the terminology.  In any event, the
> BSP threads and the NPT are different.  They are very close,  but not the
> same.  You can easily run a NPT tap in them though and it will cut the out
> to allow them for use in NPT applications.
>
> Tommy Turner

Not a problem from this end, Tommy, I was just trying to make sure
that it didn't get accepted as gospel by anyone else picking up the
thread.

Most of the Lister and Petter engines, and others, use BSP, up to
2-1/2" on the JP engines, 2" on the CS diesels and 1" on the AV series
diesel engines.

We have taps and dies for the BSP stuff up to 2", but I'd hate to have
to try and tap a 2" hole!

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes