[SEL] wasted video camera

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 00:11:42 PDT 2008

On 08/07/2008, R & M Ingold <randmingold at hotkey.net.au> wrote:

> Now, I wonder how much further the camera scene will progress in the NEXT 10
> years?

We will all be using what today would be considered "studio-quality"
equipment. I am looking at another (!) Sony camera, DSC-F828, similar
to the one I currently use but better features. In real terms it is
cheap to buy compared with the Contax/Zeiss equipment I bought in the
early 1980's.

I was at No1 son' s place the other day, and one of his partner's
daughters was playing with one of the little pocket games machines.
You couldn't have got those features and speed out of a mainframe
computer in the 1970's!

The only new thing that hasn't taken off here is Digital radio and TV,
and with a recession on, the sets are not selling at all. We've got a
Freeview digital set-top box but still use the old analogue TV.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com