[SEL] Totally off topic-just a "rant"

brent brent.tamatea at clear.net.nz
Fri Jan 11 11:47:51 PST 2008

Jerry thats been a hell of a week those electrical storms sound horrific i
am pleased though that you and your family are okay.

With electrical storms you never know what they are going to do and are
probaly quite sudden.

We dont get that extreme electrical storms here but even with lightning
about we usually unplug computers and electricals its the only safe method
of protecting them

Often here with lightning diverters on fences lightning will bypass them and
blow up energisers in pump houses etc

 I always wondered do they have earthing rods for  lightning protection for
homes all it is is a metal pipe in the ground would have to be higher than
the roof of the house so the lightning can strike than  they have them on
top of skyscrapers etc That might be worth considering .

Very frustrating with the computer esp how you need it for work at least you
had a backup..

.Hopefully you will get it sorted next week all the

best Brent nz