[SEL] On Topic IHC Famous Engine

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Thu Jan 10 11:37:16 PST 2008

MBellar at aol.com wrote:
> I mentioned to Don that the moving electrode shaft was stuck and bent in  the
> igniter housing so that even if it was loose it could not be removed from
> the casting. I asked him if he had movable electrode castings, and he said only
> rough castings, but I can replace the bent shaft and attach your electrode
> end to a new shaft machined to fit your housing. My thoughts were HOT DOG
> another problem solved.

Tom,
When rebuilding mine, I've just picked the next largest size of TG&P
material available that would clean the hole up, even using metric sizes
if needed. The I buy a reamer a thou over that TG&P size and opening the
ignitor housing up.
Put a little step on the end of the shaft to fit in the old electrode
head and fit it all up. Works great.
Curt