[SEL] On Topic IHC Famous Engine

MBellar at aol.com MBellar at aol.com
Thu Jan 10 11:23:17 PST 2008

In a message dated 1/7/2008 9:54:26 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jthall at worldnet.att.net writes:

Didn't  realize Don rebuilt igniters. My engine is in serious need of an
overhaul--hopefully rings will do the trick. The only thing holding me  back
is that it needs new mains as well and I just don't have time to get  that
deep into right now!

I mentioned to Don that the moving electrode shaft was stuck and bent in  the
igniter housing so that even if it was loose it could not be removed from
the casting. I asked him if he had movable electrode castings, and he said only
rough castings, but I can replace the bent shaft and attach your electrode
end to a new shaft machined to fit your housing. My thoughts were HOT DOG
another problem solved.

Do you think that one could put a bushing inside the old mains? The cost of
raw bushing material the size of the original mains is staggering.

Tom Bellar