[SEL] Curious

bill at antique-engines.com bill at antique-engines.com
Thu Jan 3 12:14:29 PST 2008

I dunno - might try when the season comes back around. OTOH, my hands are
full now running/hosting/administering http://theamcforum.com
In 6 months we've built nearly 500 members and get hundreds of posts a
week. It's a community with groups and friends,
BUT it requires "watching over" as some come in and tend to ruin or run
things, where with email like this, well, it's just different. (feel free
to check and see how it's organized)
It's nice with a forum you can post a picture ONE TIME and all can see,
even those who join next week. Those who want to get "off-topic" can do so
in the off-topic banter area I've setup for them.
I still like the email list like this as I have a folder where all of the
SEL messages go, then can further file things in categories, or delete if
I wish. I like that part. But with the forum, I have it setup so that if
you post a question, you can get an email telling you of any replies, and
the forum post is actually included IN the email.
It's even got RSS feed! So you can watch forum messages roll right into
Outlook (or your favorite RSS reader) So in a way, our AMC forum is the
best of all worlds. I dunno, I still like this, but haven't really given
Harry's or even the new ATIS site a REAL chance.
I think to some extent, it's information overload............
Geesh, did THAT ever make sense!

Bill