[SEL] Sticking lead to cast iron

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Thu Feb 28 06:47:35 PST 2008

Ok great Peter.  I think we've seen both hydrochloric and suphuric acid used
here.  I would imagine the intent is to clean and leave a nice etched
surface.  Now I need to find the Copper Sulfate.

  I'm not fixing a crack or anything like that.  Just adding weight to the
crank counterweights that was melted out in order to get to the attaching
hardware.  I'd sure like to know how one balances an engine especially with
the big flywheel belt pulleys.  Seems I remember a gizmo that went on a
vehicle wheel in the same area as the lead weights.  It was a circular tube
with many ball bearings in it and they would automatically balance the wheel
and tire.  Anyone else remember that gizmo and did it work?

White stuff almost gone...crankup soon...whooopeeee.

Rick