[SEL] Engine ID

brent brent.tamatea at clear.net.nz
Fri Feb 15 20:08:02 PST 2008

Ron i repair villier engines mainly 2 and 4 stroke stationary engines there
is an arrow on the fly wheel that lines up with a mark on the body at the
back of the flywheel roughly at 10 oclock a half moon shape with a line ,The
arrow mark on the flywheel and the line on the body line up; on the crank
there is normally a slot that is set directly to the top if these are all
lined up tighten the centre bolt and it should fire a common fault also with
them is the condenser packs up this is normally hiding underneath the points
if there is no mark you might have to set the piston at just before tdc if
you can put a piece off wire in the head it drops about 3mm i think.All the
engines are set that way that i have.. In regard to the condenser you can
use a car type one 12volt will do the same job just to get the engine
running  if you have trouble getting a spark they are great little engines
there is a place in england that sells parts for them but the car one works
fine.hope that helps brentnz