[SEL] Engine ID

Al Harris alharris44 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 21:17:55 PST 2008

A bit of Aussie input on non-kiwi Villiers:

brent wrote:
> Ron i repair villier engines mainly 2 and 4 stroke stationary engines there
> is an arrow on the fly wheel that lines up with a mark on the body at the
> back of the flywheel roughly at 10 oclock

On my Villiers Mk 10KS and Mk 12HS it is at 12 o'clock.

  a half moon shape with a line ,The
> arrow mark on the flywheel and the line on the body line up; on the crank
> there is normally a slot that is set directly to the top

the keyway on my two engines

  if these are all
> lined up tighten the centre bolt and it should fire a common fault also with
> them is the condenser packs up this is normally hiding underneath the points

a GL103 is a good option if it can be sourced

> if there is no mark you might have to set the piston at just before tdc if
> you can put a piece off wire in the head it drops about 3mm

or 3/16" before TDC

  i think.All the
> engines are set that way that i have.. In regard to the condenser you can
> use a car type one 12volt will do the same job just to get the engine
> running

there is a modification to use a 6v or a 12v coil, running off
the flywheel coils primary winding too, if the flywheel coil
is history. I can supply this mod if needed.

   if you have trouble getting a spark they are great little
engines
> there is a place in england that sells parts for them but the car one works
> fine.hope that helps brentnz

They are fun little engines,

Al
Clarence Coast NSW