[SEL] Register Opinion

john palmer ottoslidevalve at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 2 09:11:05 PST 2008

Hi Patrick,I remember some years ago a magazine encouraging readers to give details to a certain engine register of their engines,assuring them that no details would ever be disclosed !! I wondered then what ever was the use of the register?I believe it's still going but never seen any information ever released .    John> From: buzzcoil2 at videotron.ca> To: sel at lists.stationary-engine.com> Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 09:55:39 -0500> Subject: Re: [SEL] Register Opinion> > Hi Patrick, I've been maintaining a few engine registries myself and it is lots of work,> sometimes rewarding and often frustrating. I believe in sharing the info with others,> otherwise I would not bother doing it but then I have no intention of writing books.> Last July I became the owner of a couple Stickney engines and was surprise that> so little was known or could be found about them, so I started a Stickney registry> and I added several other pages on Stickney stuff as the info was past along to me.> The Stickney registry and Stickney pages can be seen here:> http://buzzcoil.brinkster.net/stickney/000index.html > Several Stickney owners have been very generous and helpful to me during this> whole project so I felt the need to share this information. > Denis Rouleau> For now I have placed a version of the register on my site at:> http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/austreg/australreg0208.html> Let me know what you all think.> Patrick> > _______________________________________________> SEL mailing list> SEL at lists.stationary-engine.com> http://www.stationary-engine.com/mailman/listinfo/sel