[SEL] What kind of truck? Gas or Diesel

Orrin B Iseminger obise at moscow.com
Sun Dec 21 18:01:15 PST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: sel-bounces at lists.stationary-engine.com
[mailto:sel-bounces at lists.stationary-engine.com] On Behalf Of Listerdiesel
Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2008 12:37 PM
To: The SEL email discussion list
Cc: Alan
Subject: Re: [SEL] What kind of truck? Gas or Diesel

I think the cooking oil fuel thing has mostly died a death now, so
many folks have tried it and found that it is not quite what they were
led to expect.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's about time it died.  I can't understand all the hype it got in the
first place:

1)  There's not enough used cooking oil in all the world to make any
difference in energy supplies.

2)  By the time a person drives all over town rounding up oil, then
processing it, then subtracting the volume of unusable glycerin, amortizing
start-up costs, goes through the hassle of waste disposal and wastes a whole
bunch of their time, the balance sheet looks to me to be in the red, right
off the git-go.

3)  I can see it now:  Veggie oil wars.  There are only two deep fat fryers
in town but there are five guys brewing their own fuel.

I *hope* the hype dies down.

Orrin

Orrin Iseminger
Colton, Washington, USA