[SEL] What kind of truck? Gas or Diesel

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 05:27:05 PST 2008

On 20/12/2008, Judge Tommy Turner <Lcjudge at scrtc.com> wrote:
> OK everyone, I'm consulting the most knowledgeable people I know on this....
> in the mean time I'll ask all of you..... don't get worked up, just kidding.

Tommy:

I have no experience with the large USA pickups, only the smaller but
more frugal European machinery.

One thing they all have in common, is an increased complexity of
electronic equipment, such that it can be very difficult to get any
kind of service/repair done unless you go to a franchised dealership.

OK, not everyone wants to get their hands dirty, but while we used to
do a lot of the work on our vans, nowadays we cannot get into them,
it's all sealed boxes everywhere.

>From that point of view, a mechanically injected diesel might be
easier to maintain than an electronically injected petrol engine.

Just a thought.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes