[SEL] What kind of truck? Gas or Diesel

Dave Merchant kosh at ncweb.com
Sat Dec 20 02:02:59 PST 2008

I bought a 2003 RAM 2500 with the 5.7 Hemi a few months ago,
a bit over 100K miles.

It's a really sophisticated engine, high teens if you don't push it too hard,
but goes like a raped ape if you put your foot in it.  Only problem is,
you can only do it for a few seconds before you're a speeder.

Not much torque, so they put a 5 speed (3 + 2 overdrives) behind it.
Revs to about 6000 before it shifts.

I bought it when gas was at $4, dealer practically gave it away.

We like it a lot!

I believe the newer ones may turn off cylinders to save even more.

Dave Merchant