[SEL] What kind of truck? Gas or Diesel

Judge Tommy Turner Lcjudge at scrtc.com
Sat Dec 20 12:30:13 PST 2008

I would certainly agree with you on this Peter.  The newest version of
diesels probably have as many electronic "gizmos" as any gas though.  I was
chatting with a mechanic yesterday that works for a trucking company.  He
told me they could connect via the internet (and a subsequent satellite
connection) and adjust the engine HP, idle speed, maximum mph, etc. while
the trucks were on the road.  He said everything from a local 1 ton delivery
to their biggest road tractors could be adjusted this way.  Really too high
tech for me!

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY