[SEL] Still in pieces after all these years

fero_ah at city-net.com fero_ah at city-net.com
Mon Dec 15 14:55:40 PST 2008

Hi George,

I've got two engines in that condition.

One, a 5 hp Lister CS rad cooled that's got stuck governor weights.
Should be simple, just pull the side plate off, but because of the rad fan drive
belt pulley, you _just_ can't get the plate off.  Without pulling the flywheel
that is.  8-((  I'm currently leaning toward shortening the studs for the cover
plate.

The second one is a 3 hp CH&E factory mudpump rig.  I pulled the head and piston
to fix the broken-off drip oiler pipe (through the hopper into the cylinder).
That job was finished quickly, but some distraction set in and the bits never
got put back together.  I sure do HOPE I can put my paws on all of the bits
when "The Time" comes.  8-))

Great thread starter question!!

See ya,  Arnie