[SEL] Japanese Engine meets

William Young wmlyoung at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 12 01:26:14 PST 2008

Hi Guys, Bill Young ( in Japan ) here.
Just out of curiosity, I opened the SPAM file and found a bunch of your items about Japanese engines and shows.  As I read each one of them, unbeknown-st to me, it got deleted.  If anyone saved a list of those sites, I would appreciate receiving -- off line OK.  wmyoung at juno.ocn.ne.jp
  Yes, things are done differently here.  Insurance schemes and safety practices are unknown.  I have yet to see a Japanese engine mounted on a cart.  I have never seen an open crank engine, ditto hit 'n miss.  EK magnetos were copied and produced locally, some exact copies, some with variations  -- the iol hole for example or a single hefty magnet.
  There are different clubs, many of which have their own banners and members wear club overalls or t-shirts.  If there are club news letters, I don't know about them -- nor could I read one if it were in my hand right now.
  On the other hand, how many of you lads have seen a western 4 cycle engine with both intake and exhaust valves operated by one push rod?
  By the way, I live alone and have a couple extra futons.  Wanna stop by for a while and have a look see?   The welcome mat is always out.  Arnie has been promising for years, but always too busy chasing those atoms, isotopes and bucks.  ( Arnie-san, is that all you chase?)
  If you don't already know Wakahara-san, you probably will, sooner or later.  He is making and selling a battery operated engine starter.  He has mounted a hefty truck starter motor on a pogo-stick-like contraption, pushes it next to a flywheel, energizes and spins up the engine.  No fuss, no muss, no bother.
   Mind the RPMs, Keep in touch, Bill