[SEL] Runners vs Non-runners

Best, George George_Best at adp.com
Thu Dec 11 13:50:55 PST 2008

I was just thinking that out of the last 6 engines I've bought, and have
at home, I've only had 2 of them running.  Two of the others would
probably run if I spent a day to get a fuel supply hooked up and the
ignition working.  The other two should be considered as future projects
as they are either stuck or need repairs before they would run.

I usually try to buy running engines as I know I'm terrible about
finding time to work on the non-running engines.

At this time I'd say my non-runners must out weigh my runners by 2 to 1.

Does anyone have all their engines in running condition?  Meaning, if a
visitor came to your place could you run the engine to show them how it
run.

Does anyone have multiple engines and none of them are in running
condition?

Or what ratio of runners to non-runners do you have?

At what point do you decide you've got so many non-runners that you'd
better stop buying more engines until you get some of your old ones
running?  ( I know that answer: NEVER! As there are too many good deals
you just can't pass up ;-) )

George