[SEL] Buying from McMaster Carr in Oz

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 08:41:33 PST 2008

On 10/12/2008, Elden DuRand <edurand at mchsi.com> wrote:
> I'm with you, Judge!
>
> I could save a little by shopping around but it's simply not worth the
> trouble.  Also, they've never backordered anything I've ordered.  Usually, I
> get the shipment the next day.
>
> McMaster must have one heck of a warehousing system and jillions of items in
> stock.
>
> Take care - Elden

We have RS Components in the UK, I think they are overseas as well.
They will deliver to you by courier if you cannot wait until next
morning, and although their ranges are a bit restricted in engine
terms, you can normally get things like Loctite, Bearings, Hardware
etc etc.

Going back to the 7/16" UNF Acorn/dome nuts which started this off, we
found three places eventually, one in the UK that has them on ebay,
but after three attempts to get details of thread depth etc out of the
guy I gave up on him.

One of the others replied to a request for pricing, but went quiet
when I asked about 30+ prices.

The last one just refuses to respond at all.

What recession?

Peter

--
Peter A Forbes