[SEL] Buying from McMaster Carr in Oz

Judge Tommy Turner Lcjudge at scrtc.com
Wed Dec 10 03:45:06 PST 2008

True Tony.  In many cases you're paying for items being in stock and
immediate delivery.  If someone is just ordering 1/4 20 screws or 3/8 by
inch bolts, you're much better off getting them from a local hardware.
However, there are a lot of items McMaster carries that aren't carried at
the locals.  As long as I place an order by 3:00 pm one day, I can have the
items delivered to my home by noon the next day.  I could drive to a
specialty hardware company in Louisville (50 miles) and could find the
items, but by the time I drive an hour each way and burn 6 gallons of gas
I'm better off ordering from McMaster.  They're a good resource, not cheap,
but often cheaper than when all considerations are given.

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY