[SEL] Unusual engine

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Mon Aug 11 16:08:46 PDT 2008

Jerry:

I'm definitely not an expert but I'd say the engine is a "cobble" of parts.  The overhead cam with chain drive doesn't look like anything I'd expect to see on a pre turn of the century (the one before last!) engine.  The chain looks too modern.

Also, the mixer doesn't look right and the fuel tank and bracket and magneto bracket are kind of hammered on.

I could be wrong and probably am.

Take care - Elden
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand