[SEL] Paris Rohne starter

jbcast at charter.net jbcast at charter.net
Tue Aug 5 11:21:15 PDT 2008

> Hi J.B.,
> My Winnebago Le Share with the 2.0 L turbodiesel  engine (Renault) used a
> Paris Rhone alternator.  I don't know about the  starter.  I do know a Bosch
> alternator would interchange parts with the  Paris Rhone.  I sold the Winnebago a
> while back and don't have parts  connections anymore but you might Google "Le
> Sharo" parts and come up with some  possibilities.  There were sources in
> Dallas and in Iowa,  too.
>
> Good luck in your search.
>
> Ron Carroll

Thanks Ron, I'll try matching it up to some Bosch parts, maybe I'll get lucky.

>>Paris-Rhone was the major French auto-electric company in the 1960's,
>but along with Ducellier and others they have seemingly vanished off
>the face of the planet.

>Which Perkins engine is it?  4-203? 4-236?  There are thousands of
>them, and selecting a start can be a nightmare.

>Find out the engine details, stamped around the area of the casting
>that the injection pump sits on.

>Peter A Forbes <<

Peter, I looked at it at lunch and it's a three cylinder, can't see numbers without a light and some cleaning. I'll go back prepared.

 ---- Chuck Balyeat <kerogas at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I see the complete starter  as an R & R , but  I couldnt find a pinion drive
> gear for it .
>  The goofier it is ,  the tighter they hold the remaining spares to their
> chests .
> I'll send you a picture in another mail ,  cause ahh , well.....you know .

Chuck, it looks like the picture, is it available, and what's the price.

Thanks to all,
J.B.