[SEL] Onan Generator comes home

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 11:54:49 PDT 2008

On 19/04/2008, Dave Merchant <kosh at ncweb.com> wrote:
> Just signed on to SEL (frequently accused of being a FATG)
>
>  Wondering what the CAT engine is?
>  Sounds like a 1 cyl test engine?
>
>  Somewhere in the email chain elided the link.
>  Here is the repaired link:
>

>  http://www.stationary-engine.co.uk/Onan/CaterpillarAxle7.jpg
>

> Wouldn't mind finding something like that Onan, looks nice, hows it run?
>
>  Dave Merchant

Hi Dave:

I did post a corrected url immediately after the original, but thanks
for picking it up as well.

The Caterpillar 1Y73 is indeed a single-cylinder research diesel
engine for testing fuels and lubricants.

We have a pair in captivity:

http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel/Caterpillar/CaterpillarMenu.htm
or on the UK site:
http://www.stationary-engine.co.uk/Caterpillar/CaterpillarMenu.htm

The Onan hasn't run yet, we are waiting for some exhaust flanges to be
laser cut so we can make a new exhaust manifold stub for it.

It looks pretty good, we hope to have it running during next week.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com