[SEL] Onan Generator comes home

Alan Bowen rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 25 20:27:36 PDT 2008

Thanks for the pictures.

Just last Saturday at a huge auction I saw a genny just like that one sell.
WELL,,,,,  It would be just like that one,,,,, If it had all it's parts.
Yup, Crank it up to 1800 RPM and it will give you 60HZ power.
To get a 3KW 1800 RPM genny I would have grabbed that one if the ignition parts were there.
It was missing some of the controls and all the exhaust parts too.
It went for sixty five bucks. I wonder if the guy knew what he was buying.

I am sick of listening to all the 3600 RPM generators at engine shows.
I am thinking about finding some kind of 1 to 4 tranny so I could run a 3600 RPM genny from a 900
RPM car engine.  I could make that engine run very quietly. 8>))