[SEL] Corn-gas a BUST!

Tom Smith tsmith at hal-pc.org
Tue Sep 25 04:49:56 PDT 2007

  I still wonder why
>the
> steam cars were dropped as they only produce water vapor as an
>exhaust
> emmission and the moters were virtually silent its a pity
>development was
> stopped could even be run on biofuels . brent

Me thinks many of these fuels have hidden agendas and it's not always
obvious why a certain fuel can't make the cut.

The steam provides a controllable connection from the actual energy
source to the end user (turbine, recip or whatever) and like you say
"it only produces water vapor" but it isn't a energy source. The
energy to generate the steam probably came from some fuel such as
coal, wood, bio diesel, gasoline, nuclear or whatever and you are back
to waste products. The steam doesn't create the energy, it only
transfers the energy to something we can more easily use.