[SEL] Maytag Torque Monster

JR504 at aol.com JR504 at aol.com
Thu Sep 20 07:21:34 PDT 2007

Hi Ron,
The MCL is the ligament that runs down inner side of the knee.  The  stick
went through it and split it lengthwise.  It is still attached at  both ends,
just has a hole in the middle of it.  Thanks for the well  wishes.

Maytags don't spin very fast, at least in comparison the modern 2 strokes,
so I don't think KIPS or RAVE valves would help them much.  The KIPS valves  on
my Kawi don't start to open until 6,000 RPMS and the engine tops out near
10,000 RPMs.  My Ski-Doo with the RAVE valves top out at around 9,500  RPMs.  If
you are seriously trying to wake a Maytag up a little I  would bet filling in
the base and a mild port/polish job would be the  smartest/easiest path.  You
also might be able to make an insert for the  area above the piston that
changes the squish area, but that's a lot more work  when there's no separate head.
Joe

In a message dated 9/20/2007 1:48:22 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,