[SEL] Favorite type of engine

Patrick M Livingstone pml1 at bigpond.net.au
Wed Oct 31 00:11:00 PDT 2007

A good topic George. I quite like early vertical engines although a nice,
full base horizontal will get my attention. Mostly pre-1920 stuff for me
although I have a few exceptions.
I quite like elegance of design, usually with lots of curves: engines such
as the Blackstone with the elegant base and curved spokes and my R&Vs which
also have a lovely curved base and are nicely proportioned.
I am not a fan of diesels or two-stroke engines but I can recognize the
appeal that they have to those who love them (they are just not for me).

Patrick M Livingstone
Leichhardt NSW
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/Index.html