[SEL] Favorite type of engine

Alan Bowen rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 30 05:06:45 PDT 2007

A few years ago I made a list of requirements an engine must have before I would buy it.

 1. Must be hit-n-miss
 2. Must have an open crank.
 3. Must have it's magneto if it came with one,,, or be practically free.
 4. Should not be the same as one I have.

 There was more to this list, but I threw those requirements out.
 I like the horizontal hopper cooled engines in the 1 1/2 to 4 HP size.
 I have one 950 pound TG 6HP FBM Z that I don't take to shows and probably never will.   I just don't want to lug around an engine that heavy.

 I really don't need another engine. I just want to work on what I have now.
 When an engine leaps at me at a great price I have to grab it though.
 Like that nice complete all original New Sattley for $175 this Summer.  8>))

 Alan Bowen
 Williamsburg, Michigan

"Best, George" <George_Best at adp.com> wrote: Here's a topic maybe people will participate in:

Do you have a favorite type of engine?  If so, why?  And how exclusive
are you to collecting that type?

George