[SEL] Favorite type of engine

Best, George George_Best at adp.com
Mon Oct 29 09:40:56 PDT 2007

Thanks Curt!  You put more into your reply than I had hoped for.  I'm
pretty much like you in my preferences as well.  With the exception that
I'm leaning more towards the verticals.

2 cycles of are of no interest to me.

Although I prefer low tension ignition over high tension.  I find some
sparkplug engines interesting especially if they have a flipper mag.  I
wouldn't want a sparkplug engine if it used a buzz coil, just haven't
had good luck with buzz coils and stay away from them if possible.

I also prefer the 4hp to 10hp size of engine.  I think the larger
engines show better as they can run slower than the smaller hp engines.
2000 lbs is the most I can easily move around without it being on a
cart, so that's another reason most of mine are aroung the 5hp size.
While I've had a few 5000+ lb engines at my place years ago it was
during a period of time I was keeping a forklift for a friend.  The
forklift is gone so the one ton limit is keeping me from looking at the
big stuff.  Besides the big stuff also takes up more space.

George