[SEL] Big drag saw with vertical engine

Larry Evans lfevans at pacbell.net
Tue Oct 9 14:36:18 PDT 2007

A lady in Portland, Oregon found some pictures in her family archives of
her grandfather with a very large drag saw with a vertical engine.  I've
been trying to help her find some information regarding the saw and we are
fairly certain that it was sold by Mitchell Lewis & Staver, a very early
industrial supplier in the Pacific Northwest.  So far I have not been able
to figure out who actually made the engine.  It is a single cylinder four
stroke vertical engine that appears that it might be around 5 hp. in
size.  It is really an impressive looking saw unit.  Take a look at:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/levans/mitchel/
to see the pictures she found and let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks,

Larry Evans
Arcadia, Southern California, USA
MailTo:LFEVANS at pacbell.net