[SEL] Big drag saw with vertical engine

Best, George George_Best at adp.com
Tue Oct 9 14:48:08 PDT 2007

Looks like a vertical Stover to me.

Plus Mitchell was a Stover reseller.

George

-----Original Message-----
From: sel-bounces at lists.stationary-engine.com
[mailto:sel-bounces at lists.stationary-engine.com] On Behalf Of Larry
Evans
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 2:36 PM
To: sel at lists.stationary-engine.com
Subject: [SEL] Big drag saw with vertical engine

A lady in Portland, Oregon found some pictures in her family archives of
her grandfather with a very large drag saw with a vertical engine.  I've
been trying to help her find some information regarding the saw and we
are fairly certain that it was sold by Mitchell Lewis & Staver, a very
early industrial supplier in the Pacific Northwest.  So far I have not
been able to figure out who actually made the engine.  It is a single
cylinder four stroke vertical engine that appears that it might be
around 5 hp. in size.  It is really an impressive looking saw unit.
Take a look at:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/levans/mitchel/
to see the pictures she found and let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks,

Larry Evans
Arcadia, Southern California, USA
MailTo:LFEVANS at pacbell.net