[SEL] O/T Steam main bearing babbitt

Orrin Iseminger oiseming at moscow.com
Fri Oct 5 08:03:10 PDT 2007

Rick --

This is just a SWAG, but I'm wondering if you thoroughly warmed up the steam
lines and engine.  If you didn't, the engine might have excessive condensate
in the cylinder and is going into hydraulic lock-up at TDC.

If you've ever seen footage of steam locomotives pulling out of the station,
you'll see steam blowing out of the cylinders at every stroke.  Petcocks are
left open to let excess condensate escape.  They are closed after the
cylinders are up to temperature.

Regards,

Orrin

Orrin Iseminger