[SEL] Attention Aussies - Austral Question

Edd Payne edsengns at optusnet.com.au
Thu Mar 8 13:39:41 PST 2007

OK.So When I replaced my ign coil in my Austral to a 22g one from the
original and it will now run all day without a lamp under it and before it
wouldn't and all of us Ozies that do the same or use stainless steel mesh
are having our selves on.I also did the same to my 8HP Blackstone and it
also ran all day without external heat.Also try getting a piece of 22g steel
and apply heat.Then get a piece of 8g steel and apply heat.See which gets
hot faster.Also the Austral is generating heat all the time by compression
and this aids in keeping the ign area hot on idle strokes.They don't
decompress on idle strokes like a normal hit miss they do it by the fuel
valve not opening and letting in fuel.
EDD PAYNE
PO Box 364 Gulgong N.S.W
Australia