[SEL] Fielding & Platt info needed

Fred Southwell fsouthwell at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 3 09:56:53 PDT 2007

Jerry,
A number of years ago the Amberley Chalk Pits Museum had a Fielding and
Platt under canopy outside their engine shed. I don't know if it's still
there but you can contact them via their website. They have changed their
name now but try http://www.amberleymuseum.co.uk. They mught be ablt to
help.

On 03/06/07, Jerry Evans <jerrye at databak.co.za> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> A friend has asked me to look for information as he is restoring a 22/24
> Horsepower horizontal "Fielding & Platt" oil engine. It does not have a
> model or type No. The only information on the plate is":
>
> No:. 040425 - H.P.: 22/24  - R.P.M.: 380. The name on the plate is
> Fielding
> Oil Engine. Made by Fielding & Platt Ltd. Atlas Works, Glouscester,England
>
>          Any information regarding this engine or the whereabouts of other
> owners or manuals would be much appreciated.
>          He has taken pics of it but is waiting for them to be developed -
> As soon as I have copies I will post them to my webpage.
>
> Keep the revs up (or down)
> Jerry Evans
> Near Johannesburg in Sunny South Africa.
> Tel. (016) 365-5787
> Intntl.: +2716 365-5787
> Cell: 083 293 7191
> Visit our website for old engines in South Africa.
> www.oldengine.org/members/evans

Fred. Nr Brighton U.K.
See all my pictures at http://community.webshots.com/user/g6zru