[SEL] Tank Cooled Engine - Pipe Fitting Suggestions Needed

Rupert Wenig rwenig at telus.net
Sun Jul 29 09:45:20 PDT 2007

Hello Arnie,
	Most drums I've seen have a 3/4" and a 2" bung on the top. Pipe thread
will fit either opening. My suggestion is to use the 3/4 opening for
your full outlet and the larger opening for the filler and vent. No
drilling, cutting or welding that way and best of all no danger of any
surprises from any stray fumes that might still be inside the drum.
	Full the drum with water before you drill/cut or weld a drain if you
really want to install a drain in the bottom. Course, you knew that.
	Actually, I think a small drum type tank mounted on it's side looks
quite neat. A smaller drum may look better for small engine.

Rupert