[SEL] R&V owners and others - Help needed from you Gurus please

Peter Lowe plowe at exemail.com.au
Sun Jul 1 16:10:40 PDT 2007

Hi all

I need help from our List Gurus please on this one.

An R&V Register member has bought a 2hp R&V Vertical that has been modified
in Argentina, one modification I believe is the head.
All the R&V Vertical Engines I have seen have the exhaust rocker bracket
cast as part of the head. This has a bolt on bracket, the head is squarer on
the edges not rounded and there is njo ignitor hole.
In the complete photo it has two pushrods instead of only the exhaust rocker
and atmospheric inlet.
In the top photo, near the pushrod, there is a stud and nut in the head and
above that a hole. In that hole was a spark plug

Can anyone tell me what engine this head is off please. Click on link below.

http://www.oldengine.org/members/plowe/rv-engines/mystery/index.htm

Regards
Peter Lowe
R&V Engine Registrar