[SEL] First Engine

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Sun Jan 21 14:27:04 PST 2007

Hi Tom,

This particular email list doesn't permit attachments.  Best bet is to put
the pics on the web somewhere and provide a URL in an email to the list.

As to compression, the best way is just to gauge good compression by
"feel."  For example if there's no perceptable difference between coming
up to TDC on compression or coming up to TDC on the exhaust stroke, you
have a problem.  8-))

OTOH, if you go over compression to BDC and now throw the flywheels back
against compression and it "bounces" nicely, then you've got good
compression.  Or a squash ball on top of the piston.  8-))

There should be definite resistance felt as you come up on compression.

See ya,  Arnie