[SEL] First Engine

Jim and Diane jd.kirkes at verizon.net
Sun Jan 21 15:05:23 PST 2007

Hi Tom,

Your engine probably has a compression ratio of 4 to 1 more or less.  Just
pull the flywheel through and see what you feel.  Should be some resistance
but probably but not so much it is hard to pull.  As somebody suggested
earlier get the bore and everything else well oiled so that friction is not
a big factor.  Engines of this vintage that have been sitting a long time
are prone to stuck rings so oil the hell out of it.

Jim

Jim and Diane
Hemet, CA , U.S.A.
jd.kirkes at verizon.net