[SEL] Thermo-Syphon ,

Skip Cleveland skipcleveland at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 20 13:13:04 PST 2007

It hasn't gone too far for me, I am getting an education. What I did find is
that the demise of the thermosyphon cooling system was partly due to the
advent of the cross flow radiator which made things difficult to maintain an
air free syphon system. The coolant would just percolate as has been
mentioned. This didn't move the coolant fast enough for modern high power
applications, a true syphon came close,  a water pump became mandatory.
Stay tuned. I'll bet there is more to learn every day.

Skip