[SEL] How not to load and engine....Flywheel needed.

Keith Kinney kkinney at herculesengines.com
Fri Dec 28 15:50:13 PST 2007

George
I'm sure a good welder could do the job and it would probably be
ok.  But, that is a lot of weight spinning around and if it should
come apart it could be deadly.  It's not that rare of an engine so I
hope to be able to find a replacement flywheel.  There's go to be
some left in the woods.  After all the flywheel is probably the last
thing to wear out on these old engines, unless you do something to
them like I did.:-)
Keith

At 05:35 PM 12/28/2007, you wrote:
>Keith,
>
>Since the neither the hub or ring of the flywheel broke, couldn't you
>just weld the spokes back in place?
>
>Afterall, you have all the pieces.
>
>It would be best if you could find a replacement, but I have no idea on
>how difficult finding another will be.
>
>I'm sure someone will say the spokes couldn't be welded back in place,
>so I'd like for them to explain why it technically can't be done rather
>than the usual fear mongering.
>
>George

Keith Kinney
Evansville, Indiana  USA