[SEL] Cast Iron Welding rod

cgandree at mchsi.com cgandree at mchsi.com
Mon Dec 24 11:21:31 PST 2007

Hi Gary,
YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS you got it right and according to a post left on goggle by
one of past deceased SEL members (back in 2001) he had given me the contact in
the USA and now I will beable to reorder some.  It is properly called Polyweld
700.  This is the best cast iron welding rod made and can really make cast
iron repairs an easier job with little or no preheating nor cracking.  I must
boast and say that I had repaired a full crack on the underside of my JD 1
1/2hp model E engine that actually went through both sides of the drain hole.
It really saved my engine and I had used it several other times on cast iron
repairs with very good results.  Well worth the extra money the rods cost too.
Many thanks and Merrry Christmas.
Curt Andree