[SEL] Life happens!!

Skip Cleveland skipcleveland at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 20 19:29:55 PST 2007

The clutch cables on the Cushman motor scooters and other similar machines
using cables had a small grommet on  each end that was bored through big
enough for the cable to fit through. The end where the cable came  out was
bored back in a taper or funnel shaped. All you had to do was push the cable
through the grommet. When the cable protruded a ways, you would just fray
out the cable and then fill it with plain solder which in turn, made the
cable to large in dia. to go back through. That way, you ned not to heat the
cable very hot thus preserving its temper and strength. This was all
detailed in the maintainance literature, and the procedure would make a
repair that would last a long time or 'till the cable wore out.
Skip