[SEL] valve spanner wrenches

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Thu Dec 6 07:45:44 PST 2007

Ron:

For the Stovebolt Six engine, you don't need a timing light.  Just advance the timing until it pings a slightly at low speeds and high power (mash the accelerator at 10 mph in high gear) and doesn't try to kick back when starting.

You'll be able to check your timing at any time.  I've set up many of 'em just like that.

Take care - Elden