[SEL] Sat Nav - What Do You Like and Why?

Frank DeWitt Frank at lbpinc.com
Wed Aug 29 17:17:05 PDT 2007

Well, whenever you get into a discursion of Ford Vs Chevy someone
pops up and says Audi or something off the wall so....

I knew I wouldn't use one all the time, and I knew I was cheep, and I
always thought that you should be able to take it in the house and
program it.  I bought  a Delorme Earthmate pickup and Delorme Street
atlas to add to my Lap top

Bad news, it doesn't fit on the dash

Good news, It does everything I can think of.  It talks, it has a
huge screen, It knows where it is, and I can take it inside and sit
down and punch in a trip and then say, no, I don't want to go through
Willimsberg, I do think that road looks like fun, I want to stop here,

It cost $67 at one of the big box stores on sale one week

I haven't used this feature but because it is laptop based there are
a lot of programs that will allow you to download or scan maps from
any ware and use with it.

It also accepts voice commands, including "Are we there yet", and "Shush".

Frank