[SEL] Spam> Sat Nav - What Do You Like and Why?

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 18:16:52 PDT 2007

We have a TomTom 5 Sat Nav which connects via Bluetooth to an Hewlett
Packard HX-4700 PDA.

We bought the maps for USA and Canada before coming over for Portland
and it worked very well indeed, they are stored in a 2gb Compact Flash
memory card, the PDA also has a Secure Digital slot in which we keep a
1gb SD Card for photos and other stuff.

Has the advantage of the PDA display possibly being better
bigger/clearer than a dedicated unit, and the PDA has its uses outside
the SatNav application, plus it is easily transferred between
vehicles.

Disadvantage is that two power/charging leads are needed, we have a
splitter unit for the cigarette lighter socket.

Jim Dunmyer has a dedicated Garmin unit which he showed us, that
looked pretty neat.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes