[SEL] Removing stuck piston help please

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sat Aug 11 04:29:28 PDT 2007

I know zilch about an R&V so I'm assuming the piston and rod can't go out
the bottom. Is it possible to drive the piston down maybe a 1/4" or so to
break it loose and then hopefully push from the inside with out using  so
much force as it would now be broken loose? Sounds like it is not stuck too
tight if the penetrating oil is rapidly disappearing.

 You mentioned you didn't want to push on the bottom of the crankcase. Could
you remove the crank and then put a piece of bar stock in it's place so you
could push from that? Obviously damage to the mains would be a
consideration.

John Hall