[SEL] Removing stuck piston help please

Peter Lowe plowe at exemail.com.au
Sat Aug 11 03:42:07 PDT 2007

Hi All

My new vertical R&V has a stuck piston, not too stuck as the bore is in good
condition. I have place plenty of lubricant on top of the piston and it
disappears down past the piston in an hour or so.
I can't rock the flywheels back and forth against the conrod because the
crankshaft is broken, the broken crank is not a problem as I knew about
this.

Would I removed the bid end bearing cap, remove the crank side cover
removing the crankshaft. Then use a small hydraulic ram to push the conrod
and piston up the bore and out??? I am not wanting to place too much
pressure on the bottom of my crankcase.!!!

Any answers from our knowledgeable colleagues would be appreciated?
Curt Andree thought that Paul Maples had a web site that showed how he over
came a similar problem, does anyone have a link please if this is so.
I have contacted Paul also.

Regards
Peter Lowe
R&V Engine Registrar